If you’re like us, then you’ve dreamed about traveling to New Zealand. We are sure it has something to do with its beautiful landscapes and friendly people but most of all the adventure that comes from going somewhere new. However, before booking your flight here are some pros and cons so that you can make an informed decision:
- SCENERY- New Zealand is beautiful and there are so many things to see. We are talking mountains, glaciers, beaches, forests all on the same day! When you go on a road trip through this country it’s almost guaranteed that you’ll have an incredible experience with lots of memories made along the way (especially if your driver has as much kiwi spirit as mine did).
- HIKING- If you love the outdoors, New Zealand is a hiker’s paradise. Whether it be exploring Milford Sound or just taking your dog for an early morning walk in the forest, there are lots of ways to get out and see nature here.
- FOOD- The food! You can’t beat the prices at New Zealand cafes. We mean, most of the time you’re getting two meals for one price and they’re damn good too! They definitely won’t disappoint your taste buds.
- FRIENDLY PEOPLE- The people here are incredibly friendly and welcoming. When we arrived at our hostel in Auckland we were welcomed with a home-cooked dinner prepared by our hosts and even given a fresh-baked pie to take on our road trip.
- SAFE COUNTRY- New Zealand is very safe with its low crime rates, which means you can travel here without worrying about safety.
- UNPREDICTABLE WEATHER- The weather in some places of the country can be unpredictable and cold! We visited Queenstown during winter so it was freezing! We were also there at the beginning of summer and it rained a lot so be prepared for that.
- EXPENSIVE NATION- The prices! Although New Zealand is beautiful, you definitely have to watch your wallet here because everything can be expensive. For example, if you’re like me and travel on an extremely low budget then you might want to consider taking the bus instead of hiring a car.
- LANGUAGE BARRIERS- Most people speak English but they do have an accent so it might be difficult to understand them at times! We recommend learning some basic kiwi slang before you visit because there’s nothing worse than not knowing what someone is saying when all you want to do is make new friends and explore the country.
- FAR-OFF ATTRACTIONS- There are a lot of things to see in New Zealand but it can take quite some time to get from one place to another. We recommend planning your trip carefully so that you don’t miss out on anything.
We hope that this list has helped you in your decision to travel, and if it was the deciding factor we wish you a fabulous time on our beautiful islands. If not, keep dreaming about what could be! Good luck!