You’re all set to take off on your first solo adventure. You have a list of destinations, booked flights, and hotels with great deals by say, Emirates, & Discover the latest and best flight ticket discounts and offers when you search for the best-priced flights for your next trip as well as reservations for activities like tours and day trips.
Emirates offers “Enjoy up to 20% off” on FLIGHTS TO DUBAI
But before you start packing your bag with the essentials (sunscreen, comfortable shoes), read this article for tips from experienced travelers that will make it easier on you!
1. Get a local SIM card: for the country you’re visiting. This will help avoid being charged outrageous prices from your provider for data and text messages.
2. Join Airbnb: Airbnb is the perfect place for solo travelers looking to make some money and enjoy an authentic local culture. Whether you’re interested in hosting, renting out your space, or just need something affordable while traveling abroad alone – there are tons of options!
3. Use Couchsurfing! This website allows you to connect with locals who offer up their homes for free and in return can get some tourism advice or insider tips from the local perspective.
4. Avoid checking luggage if possible by packing light and sticking with carry-on bags only. Usually, it is advised to travel light but with Emirates, you discover and also explore their helpful baggage services and find out how to fly with items like sports or mobility equipment.
5. Bring a portable power bank or external battery with you to charge your phone and other electronics. This will ensure that there’s always juice in the tank!
6. Arrange for any additional travel support before leaving home, make sure to buy yourself travel insurance in this time of high risk to health. And there is no better place than Emirates. It handles it all for you. The “Multi-risk travel insurance” covers COVID‑19. Basically, Emirates’ keeping you safe on the journey and giving you extra security wherever you are in the world.
You can find affordable plans on sites like World Nomads as well.
Befriend other travelers you meet on the road to building a network of friends who can offer advice and support when needed. It’s also helpful if they speak your language!
Utilize Google Maps offline mode so you don’t have to pay data roaming fees abroad, or even be connected to the internet at all.
Discover more of what you love: You can even book experiences all over the world with Emirates. Don’t stress if your plans change. Cancel up to 24 hours before your activity starts for a full refund. From planning a sightseeing tour to issuing you city cards, Emirates got it all. It systematically plans your trip! Don’t forget to make full use of it before you leave your hometown.
Don’t forget to pack any necessary medications such as prescription medicines, over-the-counter drugs, or medication to treat allergies. If you have a medical condition such as diabetes, remember that your medications may not be readily available in certain countries so bring along extra doses and keep them with you at all times!
Solo travel is a great way to experience new cultures and meet locals. However, even though it can be daunting for those who are not as confident in their abilities or haven’t traveled alone before but Emirates insures with its Travel support that you have the best and safe solo travel experience.
These blog post tips and Emirates offerings should help you get started on your solo adventures! Which of these do you plan to incorporate into your next vacation?
If you are a solo woman traveler, we have another blog post on “Safest, Most Affordable Destinations For Solo Female Travel Based On Popular Continents”, to dive deeper into the concept of solo traveling. Read now to know more.