Who said you can only choose one destination? There are so many places to visit in the world! Whether you want to experience the culture, see the sights, or just bask in natural beauty, there is a place for everyone. It’s not easy choosing which destination to visit when you have so much choice.
To help make your decision easier and keep it organized, we’ve created this list of 8 questions that every traveler should ask themselves before they pick a place on the map!
1. What type of traveler are you? Do you like to explore the cultural side, or do you prefer to get outdoors and see as much natural beauty as possible?
2. Where is your desired destination located – will there be a language barrier for native speakers in that country?
3. How long can you stay at one location before feeling restless?
4. How much of your budget do you want to spend on a destination? Will the cost deter you from visiting that country because it would use up too much money, or will you find ways to make your travel experience more affordable?
5. What are some must-see attractions in this area of the world?
6. Do any of your friends or family live in this country?
7. Does the weather make you feel at ease, or does it intimidate you and affect how much time you want to spend exploring outdoors?
8. Do any recent travel warnings exist for countries in that region of the world (e.g., terrorism threats)?
At the end of your time in a new country, you will have created hundreds or even thousands of memories. You’ll be able to recount all sorts of details and highlight moments that stood out for you. But how do you decide where to go next? Often times it’s just about trying something new and being open-minded, but there are also a few key factors you should consider when making your decision.
What are your interests?
This is a key question to ask yourself. You will have seen plenty of sites and attractions during your first visit, but you may not know whether or not it’s something that fascinates you enough for another trip. If exploring ancient ruins was one of the highlights for both trips, then it might be worth considering a trip to another country with ruins.
What are your goals?
Maybe you’re a thrill-seeker who wants to jump out of an airplane and bungee jump from the bridge in Sydney. That might be worth considering on your next destination decision, as that is not something you’ll likely find in any other city or country around the world.
What is your travel style?
Do you like to keep things relaxed and carefree, or do you prefer a more adventurous trip where adrenaline rushes through your veins on the regular? If so, then maybe consider opting for a country with new adventures that will challenge and excite you.
How much time can you spend abroad?
If you have a limited time frame, then it’s best to focus on countries that are close together. If not, then maybe consider looking into long international flights and stopovers for those of us with more flexibility when it comes to travel plans.
Can I afford it?
It might sound like an odd question at first but if you’re traveling abroad, some countries you might be considering are more expensive than others. It’s important to consider this when your budget is in mind and not just your timeline for traveling abroad.
Where will you start your next adventure? When it comes to making a decision on which place to visit, there is no one size fits all answer. The best way to figure out what destination is going to be most fulfilling for you and your travel companions is by answering the 8 questions in this blog post! What are some of the most important factors that led you or your loved ones towards a specific location? Let us know in the comments below so we can chat more about where’s best for YOU.